In the months leading up to and following a book’s publication, the University of Arizona Press’s Marketing Department is responsible for making the book known and available to the public. This is done in a variety of ways, including informing sales outlets like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, gift shops, and independent bookstores about our books; pitching our books and their authors to scholarly, national, and local media outlets; and engaging in direct marketing to consumers through special sales and local and national events. The Marketing Department also advertises new titles in journals, in magazines, and online, and creates engaging book displays at a variety of trade shows and academic conferences throughout the year.
- Write and edit book jacket and catalog copy, sales collateral, press releases, advertisements, and other marketing materials
- Support the Marketing Department in planning author signings and readings, book exhibits, and other Press events
- Design and produce promotional flyers for Press titles
- Research new advertising and sales outlets for Press titles and develop unique marketing plans to complement mainstream marketing efforts, including corresponding with authors, journalists, academics, and customers
- Provide some administrative support to sales, marketing, exhibits, publicity, and advertising managers, including filing, faxing, and photocopying