September 3, 2020
Hosted by James Beard award-winning chef Janos Wilder and David Yetman, host of the PBS travel/adventure series In the Americas and a University of Arizona Press author, Food for Thought is an interactive, multidisciplinary lecture series.
The series, brings the Southwest Center together with Wilder, The Learning Curve, and the Desert Laboratory on Tumamoc Hill, with presentations on topics that define the Sonoran Desert, as well as engaging culinary demonstrations.
- Gary Nabhan, Sept. 25, Prehistoric Menus are New Again: Ancestral Desert Foods as a Springboard to Our Future
- Jennifer Jenkins, Oct. 2, Small Town and the Big Screen: The Early History of Tucson in Cinema
- David Yetman, Oct. 9, Mountains and Saguaros: Why the Plants Love the Hills
- Emma Pérez, Oct. 16, From Translator to Traitor: La Malinche as a Feminist Icon in the Borderlands
- Ben Wilder, Oct. 23, Cactus-studded Coasts: Reconnecting to the Gulf of California
- Robin Reineke, Oct. 30, Documenting the Dead: Forensics, Mourning, and Testimony along the US-Mexico Border
Registration is required. Please go here to register and for more information.